Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Procrastination Dynamo

This is unbelievable. What a day. I can't even begin to live with myself when I do what I did today.

So my big project is due tomorrow and I'm so close to being finished that I can't even believe that I have to do anything more in order to get finished. At the same time, I look at what I've done and I can't even believe that I'm actually going to hand in such a piece of crap.

Instead of working I:

1) Updated my "Visitors From" section to include Saudi Arabia, and Peru.
2) Added Devil's Tools to my "My Daily Reads".
3) I learned a little about menstruation.
4) I finished 4 online Sudokus with my best time being 6 minutes and 24 seconds.
5) Found out that I didn't win my crossword contest.
6) Google searched running training.
7) Ate some frozen grapes and yogurt (I have four tubs left, if you were interested to know)
8) Voted for a song on the The National Playlist.
9) Played a few freerolls with no success.
10) Agreed to cycle the Don Valley Parkway.
11) Called Brian on the phone and apologized profusely for no reason.
12) Checked my hotmail inbox about 62 times. One day I should actually count the number of times I do it. I prefer Gmail because it updates automatically.
13) Got the mail and found out that my VISA card is expiring and they gave me a bright shiny virgin-pure one. There is always something filthy about swiping a new card for the first time.
14) Read every Savage Chicken cartoon.
15) Defeated my rival (the evil McGee) to take the EA Sports Trophy in Fight Night.
16) Completed my goal of beginning my exercise by running 2 km. It was my first day back, lay off!
17) Took a shower and realized that my shampoo bottle was empty. I reached over to the cupboard and grabbed my econo 1-litre tub-'o-shampoo to refill the more manageable in-shower bottle. This move emptied the bottle and so I decided to rinse the bottle out for recycling. This meant a lot of suds and frequent fills in order to deshampooify the bottle's innards. I then deshampooed the lid and peeled off the plastic labels. Thus creating the perfect piece of recyclable plastic.
18) I cooked dinner: chicken breasts, brown rice and lima beans. I love lima beans and go out of my way to buy them at the grocery store (sorry!).
19) Applied for a teaching job.
20) Contemplated why my blog has received hits in the high 30s today.
21) Tried to figure out who all the people are who visited my blog today.
22) Tried downloading last week's episode of Lost that I stupidly missed.
23) Subscribed to the bandeapart.fm podcast.
24) Listened to a live Devin Davis set from KEXP.
25) Was successful in identifying that I downloaded the Arctic Monkeys song "Scummy" (a.k.a. "When the Sun Goes Down") on August 5th, 2005.
26) Downloaded Bromheads Jacket's "What Ifs + Maybes" from Headphone Sex.
27) Discovered that there are numerous running races this summer. I have not yet paid to run them, but might.
28) Watched The Simpsons, Frasier, Jeopardy, and an episode of CSI, and CSI: New York.

I'm sure there's more that I'm not remembering, but I think that you get the idea of the finely-tuned working machine that is happening over here.

4 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nugs,

You just outlined your procrastination machine. I know my blog is new, but you should have given me a shout in that, fer chrissakes.

www.fireheadsays.blogspot.com

It's a shameless plug, but you let me down.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Jessica McGann said...

On the other hand, you didn't let me down at all! Good Nugget. Good.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Nugget said...

Just got an email that says that I was a runner-up in the crossword contest. I get a secondary prize.

Pretty awesome!

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the Prize???

The suspense!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter