Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, March 27, 2006

ABQ Blues, Bob Barker, Boxing, and Crossword Puzzles

I want to post something really cool on my blog right now, but I'm afraid I just won't be able to do it. Still, I think that might be the joy of this thing. Other people only post when they have something interesting and clever to say, I'd post constantly if I could justify it, and I heartily suscribe to the infinite-monkeys-typing approach.

I spent the whole day sitting on my computer trying to finish my "Teacher Inquiry Project". It wouldn't have been so bad except that my stolen Internet was intolerably slow and for all intents and purposes totally not working. I couldn't procrastinate by obsessively refreshing my hotmail inbox, playing online Sudokus or reading blogs. Instead, rather than working, I built a career as a professional boxer on EA Sports Fight Night Round Three. I have an undefeated record after about 30 fights (and a bankroll of 1.74 million smackers) and I'm about to get my title shot. The secret to an undefeated record is easy: if you're about to lose, you just turn of the game before it saves. When you play again, you face the same opponent and this time, you know all their secrets! The only problem is that this little maneuver ruins the accomplishment; like moving you golf ball out of a divot.

I also spent about 40 minutes completing a crossword puzzle. I cheated like crazy by googling everything that I didn't know, but it was for a prize, so I figured that I would try to win. I like contests. That reminds me that I had always planned to go on The Price is Right, but I haven't done it. I should get on that. I just need a dozen people to wear university shirts or better yet someone could design a t-shirt for me to wear something along the lines of: I learned more from Bob Barker than Big Bird.

I did manage to write 8 pages of my essay. I've felt like crap all day, not hungover crap, not allergies crap, not I'm-getting-a-cold crap. I've just felt melancholy crap. The promise of being almost finished this damn course isn't making the fact that I have to spend the next two days finishing it seem any better.

Be it resolved that I will begin an exercise regime that will see me within the next 6 months see me either run a race and/or get just get active and stop feeling melancholy on a Sunday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter