Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Manic Monday Maidservice

I am in the middle of my weekend, and I spent the day getting my life in order. I work 10 days on and four days off so every two weeks I have a four day long weekend. I just happened to catch a shift that started half way through the cycle.

This morning I sent a few emails, and discovered that I have been eliminated from the playoffs in my hockey pool. I known that that was coming for over a month, so I'm not too broken up about it.

I finished my book this morning and decided that I would go to Chapters to get another one. Normally, I wouldn't shop at Chapters, but I was given a $30 gift card for Christmas and a $25 gift card for my birthday, and I would rather spend someone else's money than put books on my credit card.

The problem is that I can't find the first one. I know that I've seen it around my house but I just can't put my fingers on it. I looked around my apartment and decided that I needed to find the card, but I looked around that apartment and realized that the only way that I could possibly find the card was to clean up.

Though I am normally very neat and tidy, and most people wouldn't say that my apartment was all that messy, but must admit that I have kind of let things slide a bit lately.

I began by cleaning the litter box. I decided to pitch all the old litter and wash out the pan with Mr. Clean and very hot water. Then I scrubbed the shower and sink as well as the toilet and all of its associated mess. I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the bathroom floor. I washed the bathmat and washed down the walls and ceiling.

With that unpleasantness out of the way, I dusted the apartment, cleaned the kitchen, and then vaccumed. Things look quite a lot better than they did and my bathroom smells lemon fresh.

After all that I couldn't find the gift card. I have no idea where I put it, but it certainly is safe.

I was supposed to go to away tomorrow to take care of my car insurance nightmare, but I just can't bear it. I'll make some phone calls tomorrow to see what I can put together, but I just can't face giving up my car tomorrow and taking the train from Kingston. That doesn't seem like the way I should be spending my day off (Neither does going to work and finishing my course, but I did that yesterday).

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

I love to hear stories of men cleaning house. Re: the card, you sure you did not spend it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter