Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Relax...It's Blogging 101

Despite the dour tone of my last post, things are alright. Please don't panic. Please don't stop what you're doing and draft up a passionate email.

Even though things have been difficult lately, there have also been a lot of wonderful things that have happened to me. I sometimes forget those things but am fully aware that they have made me a better person.

As I sit here, at 3:09 in the morning, with a few hours before work, having had a few drinks and some embarrassing conversation, I am struck by the absurdity of this blog. I use this as a way to express myself and sometimes as a way to vent. As a good friend said in a rather flustered phone message (under his breath, by the way), "It's very honest."

My blog is exactly that. I don't hide too much from the world. I recognize how twisted it is to post about such things as Cancer, death, and failed relationships, but there is something oddly satisfying about posting it for the world to see. I don't believe that my life is a particularly unusual one, but I do take some (perhaps painful) pleasure in explaining to the world who I am and what I'm going through.

Though I know that my blog is read mainly by those who know me, I hope that all who visit find it interesting, at times funny, and worthwhile. To be honest, I don't really mind why it is you are here, but am thankful that during this difficult year, I have documented all my ups and downs. Hey, it might be worth something some day!

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Jessica McGann said...

Totally.
I dig it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter