Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Today is my 30th birthday, and it's seeming less and less likely that there's going to be a surprise party. Don't worry, I wasn't expecting one. I had my party last Saturday and that was worth it.

Today wasn't an unusual day except that I am completely busting. Last night after a tough evening of driving through the city, I had an epiphany. It's something that I've been waiting for for a long time, but I had it and I can't believe how happy I am that it's come. I've really been floundering, but I've come to that moment when everything seems to be alright.

I didn't do too much today. My birthday dinner was at The Burger Shack. I had a homeburger and shared some fries. I brought my Crystal Hot Sauce and was ready to rock. If you're not bringing your own hot sauce for your fries then you're not really living. You've got to bring your own sauce; you've got to. The burger was amazing, and though the fries weren't as crispy as I would have liked, the hot sauce made them worthwhile.

I played some free poker today and though I was off to a great start, I had too much too drink and ended up making some dumb moves. Anyone who has played poker with me knows enough to get me drinking; at that point I just throw my chips away. That's good advice: don't drink.

Anyway, I had a good birthday. My great present is a skiing trip next weekend. It should be great to get away and have some fun without feeling guilty about not earning it. That's the nice thing about having a job: no laziness shame and no guilt for enjoying yourself.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what is the epiphany that you had?

Curious PDX 30 year old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter