Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Cancer Update

My sister had her Thyroid removed on February 6th. There was a large tumour on the gland and a biopsy indicated Cancer cells.

Both my Dad and I felt horrible about being away during her surgery, but things seem to be successful. The doctors removed the gland and the tumour, which they later tested to confirm it as a cancerous tumour. They said that it was not at the spreading stage and that things look positive for a complete recovery.

She will have to undergo radiation therapy in April which involves taking a radioactive pill and complete isolation for a couple of days. She will be able to return home, after a couple of days, but won't be able to see her baby daughter for two weeks. This will be hard on the both of them, but they will use this as a weaning opportunity.

So that's good news. We have breathed a collective sigh of relief and hope that everything continues well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter