Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Weird Wednesday

It has been a very strange week. I don't really feel altogether myself, as I am still adjusting to being home. Travelling plays tricks with the mind and the body, and leads me to believe that humans should not take air travel lightly. Waking up one morning in Buenos Aires and then sleeping the next day in Toronto is a difficult adjustment.

I've been working hard finishing up the third unit of my English course. It hasn't been taxing, but motivating myself to sit down and get it done has been the only challenge. Everything is due tomorrow, but I just finished before I began this blog. With luck I won't have to redo anything. I am pleased that I did not take the easy way out and use my obvious excuse, but instead persevered and got the work done ahead of schedule. Small victories, I guess.

I got an interesting phone call this morning from the CBC. Over the past few months, I have been applying for jobs at the Corporation and I finally got a call asking for an interview. The job is for a closed captioner, which certainly isn't an ideal position for me but one that I think wouldn't be too difficult to handle. I need a job to keep myself busy and one that will last through the summer. I've come to the sad realization that I will have to take a summer job. My government dole runs out sooner rather than later, and I need to have something before that sad day arrives.

I'm hoping that this job will lead to something better, and might be a stepping stone to a full-time position doing something a little more my style and interest. I'm debating the future of my writing and what I might do with it. Maybe this is something that will lead to something great? Who knows, but at this point I'm glad to have a bloody interview since I haven't had one in months despite dozens and dozens of applications.

I watched the hockey game this afternoon, and it was without a doubt one of the worst preformances I've seen. I really don't know why organizers continue to pick tough teams for international events. Having players like Bertuzzi and McCabe are recipes for disater on big ice. Tough hits are punished with penalties and slow feet means backtracking and defensive fall apart. The worst part about it is that we will have to listen to people complain about the state of our game for the next six months.

It's time for dinner and I'm dreading trying to find something to eat. I think that it'll have to be something small and quick as I'm afraid that if I leave it too long, I'm just going to give in and order something greasy and expensive. After two weeks of gluttony, I need some healthy living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter