Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

After blogging yesterday, I had a light lunch and then went back to the stateroom to figure out a plan for the afternoon. I fell asleep, as usual, and didn’t wake up until ten after three. I rushed down to the theatre to watch the movie, but I missed a lot of it.

I met up with my Dad and one of his friends after the movie and then we decided to go to Bingo. When we arrived there, a few more of his friends were already there, so there was quite a large group of us. I didn’t have any luck. I was one away on the four corner game but my Dad won that one so I wasn’t upset at all. He would have won $105 but at the last minute someone else claimed a Bingo and they had to split it.

When the games ended we sat around for a few minutes chatting. A woman came up to us and told us that because we missed our port of call at the Falkland Islands, they were opening up the bar. Drinks were completely free from 5:00 until 6:00, so we decided to take advantage of it.

We each put back a few drinks and then I decided that I would go to the gym. I was just a little tipsy so the workout was fine.

When I got back to the room, at 7:00 I discovered that they were also opening up the bars from 7:30 until 8:30 which was perfect since it was right before dinner. Everyone headed down to the martini bar and proceeded to get downright loaded. It was quite funny. I acted as waiter since it was way faster for me to go to the bar, rather than have to wait for a waiter to bring us drinks. It wasn’t in their best interest to be prompt.

We staggered to the dinning room, and had a few bottles of wine. It was another dinner of laughing, having fun and making trouble.

After dinner, everyone was quite drunk. I was feelin’ fine, but wasn’t nearly as gone as everyone else. They decided to go up to the nightclub and most of them immediately got up on the dance floor and were being crazy. I just laughed and made jokes with some of the group, but didn’t really feel much like dancing, because I really don’t care for it.

After a while, the music changed to more modern music and that cleared everyone out rather quickly. Everyone stumbled back to their rooms and I doubt if all of them are up by now.

I got up at 8:30 and had some breakfast. I’m waiting for the room attendant to finish in the stateroom. I’m not sure what the plan is for today. We are at Puerto Madryn today, but we haven’t scheduled an excursion. I think that we are going to go into the town to look around and do some shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter