Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

As I write this, I am strangely aware at the absurdity of a blog entry at this time. Still, I have taken a great deal of solace in the kind emails and phone calls that I have received from all those people who mean so much to me. It's sad that you don't realize how many people love you until something like this happens.

I'd like to thank all of those people who have expressed their concern and extended their support. I know that we all say how sorry we are. When I've said it to others I never knew exactly how people must feel, but now that I am in this situation, I must say how nice it really is . Everyone is sad, of course, but it is comforting to know that people care. To think that they have gone out of their way to give you some of their time means so much. It really does help make things easier.

My Dad, naturally, is a complete wreck, but he is holding up surprisingly well. I know that a house full of people makes it easier for him, but when he comes home from work to an empty house, he will be in a lot of pain.

My sister seems to be okay, but I expect that her mind is on her Cancer surgery which happens on the 6th of February. It's especially hard on both she and her husband, but they have been very strong.

My Mom was what made this family what it is. She made me the person I am and kept us all together. I don't really know what I'm going to do without her. I miss her so much already.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Kathy O'Brien said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I went to j-school with Andrew, and have lost both my parents in the last two years. I will miss them in my life forever. Andrew was there for me, and I know he's there for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter