Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Early Morning Walk

My car is at my parents' house. They graciously agreed to look after it while it gets some minor repairs before it is officially certified and licensed. I have their 1996 Toyota Avalon instead.

Yesterday, I noticed a leak underneath the car and so I took it down to be checked out. I dropped the car off at 8:15 this morning and the guy told me that he hoped that someone would be able to look at it by noon. I was surprised that it was going to take all morning to give me an estimate, but I accepted the fact that I wouldn't be able to wait for it and I headed home.

I walked from Front and Spadina to my house at Bloor and Bathurst. I'm not kidding here, but when I was one block from my house the phone rang. They had finished the estimate and the damage was going to be $1800.

The car has 450,000 kilometres and that it is worth nothing as a trade in and I knew that my parents were not going to drop that kind of cash on the car. Even though I was within site of my house, I turned around and walked back to the dealership.

So I got my day's exercise this morning; about 70 minutes worth of walking. It wasn't that bad, and now I'm heading upstairs to paint for a few hours before I head out on more errands.

3 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were the other errands?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Nugget said...

I had to pick up a can of white paint so that I could mix it with an already purchased can of too yellow paint. The ratio was two parts white to one part yellow, if you must know.

The other errand was to go to the Canadian Health Inspection Agency (Animal Division) at 10077 Yonge Street to get a document signed so that a black cat named Cole can go to Hong Kong.

I suppose that I should have explained that in excrutiating detail for you, Brian, but I'll remember for next time.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is Cole going to Hong Kong? Who does he belong to and why are you running around to get these documents signed? So many questions.

C'mon Mark, You're slipping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter