Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday Evening

Right now I'm in my apartment in Toronto. I had to drive back for a few reasons:

1) I had to get my funeral clothes. Enough said.

2) I had to get my birth certificate. The reason that I need it is that I need to get a new passport. My Mom and Dad are scheduled to fly to Santiago, Chile where they are to begin a South American curise. My parents had invited me to go on the trip with them when they signed up four months ago, but I told them that I would be working and couldn't afford to take two weeks off in the middle of February. We all know that that didn't happen, so I've decided to go with my Dad on the cruise so that we can be together and so that we can put some distance behind things, at least for a short time. It's not going to be a riproaring partyfest, but I know that my Mom would have wanted us to continue on; especially go on the trip. My Dad has booked the two weeks off and I ceratinly don't want him sitting around at home for two weeks feeling sorry for himself. Though I know it will be a hard trip I think that this will be good therapy. Apparently, I can get an emergency passport in 45 minutes and I think that this qualifies.

3) I was supposed to spend the weekend in Woodstock, Ontario this weekend attending my partner's sister's wedding. She left on Wednesday and she left me her keys so that I could look in on her cat (Cole) and make sure that his litterbox was clean and that he had lots of food and water. In my weakened state on Friday, I forgot to deal with her keys and I took them with me by mistake. She is scheduled to get in at 10:15 tonight, so I needed to be here to let her into her house and return the keys.

That's why I'm here. It's a bit of a mess, but that's the way things go sometimes. I'm heading back first thing tomorrow. My sister and her husband are with my Dad now, and family will begin arriving at the house tomorrow. My sister heads back to Toronto tomorrow afternoon. She has her pre-operation tests on Tuesday morning, so she needs to be back for them. It isn't the kind of thing that we want to put off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter