Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

TNP

So my Dad and I were driving to Ottawa to pick up my passport, and we were in the car at 11:30 this morning. I switched on the radio and we listened to The National Playlist.

Each week, 10 songs make up the playlist. People can vote for the songs that they like and the top 6 songs stay on the list and the bottom four in the voting are replaced. Music pundits talk about thier songs and each guest pitches two songs to be added. At the end of the week the panellists choose which four songs will enter the playlist in the bottom four positions.

Each week the host, Jian Ghomeshi, submits a listener’s pitch. This week he chose my pitch for Sloan’s "Underwhelmed." I wrote up a short little blurb about the song arguing why it should be added. As my Dad and I were listening, we heard my pitch read on the air. The songs was then played, and then the pundits weighed in on the song and whether they believe it should make it.

It was a pretty unanimous choice that the song was indeed a good pick, but that it wasn’t necessarily list worthy. They of course would much prefer to see their own songs make the list. They were very nice about it, but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Tomorrow the panellists will pick the four songs that will be added, and we will have to wait and see if my choice will be added to the list.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

I heard about your mom a few days ago from Andrew. I obviously can't say much, except that I'm very sorry. I hope the cruise helps a bit. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter