Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Guilty Pleasure: Shower Beer

I just enjoyed probably my best guilty pleasure: I had a beer in the shower.

In a hot shower, there is nothing (well that might not be entirely true) more enjoyable than enjoying an icy cold beer. It's a nice refreshing way to improve the almost perfect.

Laugh and scoff if you must, but don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm not encouraging you to have a beer with your morning shower; I would never do such a hideous thing. If you're planning on heading out for an evening, and need to get that long-day's-stink off, then grab a 50 and enjoy a truly new experience that takes everything you knew about pleasure to a shocking new height.

Though I would like to take credit for the idea, I'm not sure if I can. I was staying in Paris at the Hotel Opera Cadet at the tail end of my trip to France in July of 1993. After a long day of people watching and drinking beer on patios at age 16, I hopped in the shower with a Carlsberg and have never looked back.

Though I hiatused the idea for many years, I must admit that even if I only have one beer in a night, I can't think of a better place to have one.

The only drawback is that you might seriously find yourself waking up at 6:30am and wondering why you aren't enjoying your shower as much as you usually do. In that case, cross your fingers and hope that someone opens up the curtain and joins you.

2 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Kathy O'Brien said...

you guys are weird ... but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am part of the fraternity tau kappa epsilon and it is far from uncommon to find an empty beer can in the showers. you will also here people yelling shower beer down the hall at 6am. So your not alone in your enjoyment of an ice cold beer in a nice hot shower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter