Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Another Saturday Night

I bought myself a brand new keyboard on Wednesday. The CTRL key on my old one was sticking as was a bunch of other keys, which made it quite difficult for me to really let things loose and to be truly free on the old blog. Now I'm jammin' with some ultra fast typing and a more free writing style. My sister gave me a gift certificate at Best Buy and I bought a new Microsoft keyboard for a whopping $14.95

I had my first realisation today that I am over 30 when I had to fill out one of those annoying registration forms. I went from the 24-29 category to the illustrious 30-34. It was surprisingly okay, and really not that difficult since I really don't feel old.

I spent most of today chillaxing and doing some writing. It wasn't the best way to spend a free Saturday afternoon, and I managed to have a few drinks while watching the Leafs try to save their ridiculous season. I will eat a pair of my boxers if they actually make the playoffs.

As for Brian's comment, regarding my license situation, I really can't explain. I was caught speeding twice. They were absolutely mind-blowing tickets that were completely unwarranted. I know for a fact that the OPP have much more serious things to worry about than to give me a ticket for going 11 kms over the limit. Nevertheless, I was caught and I was speeding and I thought that rather than burdening the justice system and costing the taxpayers more money, that I would simply plead guilty and pay the tickets.

It turns out that that was a big mistake and I have been totally burned with a bunch of demerit points and this interview. My Mom got the same interview a mere three weeks before she died, and she said it was a total joke. I wish that they had taken her license away, dammit.

Anyway, I have to go in, and I also have to find out exactly why I have received these points, I don't believe that I actually deserve them, but I still have to suffer the consequences anyway. I did get a letter about 4 months ago that said that I had 7 points, but I have been totally good since then and I honestly don't know why I have been given these extra points. Stupid Ontario. I lived in Quebec for 8 years and drove 40kms over the limit at all times and didn't get a ticket once.

I still have Saskatchewan plates, because I only pay $105 a month for insurance. Sadly, that expires at the end of March. If I could figure out a way to keep it I would, but I have to investigate getting Ontario insurance and I know that with 9 points that is either going to be extremely expensive or impossible. I have already risgined myself to the fact that I will have to leave my car at my Dad's house until I make a lot more money or some of these points clear. I think that this is the real reason that I'm not too concerned about the interview since I know that I won't really need a driver's license since I'm going to have to give up driving a car because of the stupid private insurance. Again, stupid Ontario and thier idiotic enforcement of the dumb rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter