Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Another Odd Saturday Night.

I am convinced that people just read my blog for the drunken entries that seem to be happening more and more frequently. Rest assured, that I am not a horrific drunk, but it is just a complete coincidence that I've been drinking a lot and blogging. Some people drink and dial, I drink and blog (on occasion drink and email). Those blogs shouldn't be more interesting than the others, but they really are; I know it.

I had great Vietnamese food tonight at Mi Mi's Restaurant. Even though it took for bloody ever to get our bill, the food was quite good, and exactly what I was in the mood for. I find that the best way to get your bill is to put your jacket on. When faced with dine-n-dash you'd be surprised at how devoted an otherwise inattentive waiter becomes.

I headed off to meet up with a friend who was at a co-worker's birthday party. We went to Montana's for dinner (since I had already eaten, I just had a pint) and then since we had free passes to get upstairs, we headed up to the club. I haven't been to a nightclub in such a long time, mainly because their so stupid. Despite the deafening music, I had a few drinks. Quiet guys like me have a hard time in loud places because no one can hear a word I say. I end up getting a lot of polite nods and awkward smiles. I don't dance; I mean I really don't dance. The only thing that will get me shaking my money maker is huge, huge, huge amounts of alcohol. I just feel like a monumental idiot when I'm dancing beside someone I don't know. There's always this strange unspoken tension as she expects you to be "making a move" and all you're doing is bending your knees a little bit in tune with music that you're pretending to like but actually wouldn't be caught dead listening to if you were not in a place that cost $10 cover.

Nevertheless, I did have fun. Every time I go to a nightclub, I am just so shocked at how tremendously easy it is to "pick up". Don't get any ideas, I didn't, but man a lot of people did. I guess that's the power of alcohol, and desperation. There were a ton of very attractive women there, and all that you really need to do is say hello and listen to the answers to some simple questions. I always feel horrendously out of place in nightclubs what with my thick glasses and my ungelled haircut. I don't wear cologne, I don't have any "accessories" and haven't spent 45 minutes getting ready. While I would see this as shockingly refreshing, most don't. I always thought that this was something to do with the bling, but that may or may not be true. I can't pretend to be someone else, so that might put me at a disadvantage.

Even though I bad mouth the place, and the situation, I did have a lot of fun. It is interesting how new things are a lot fun. I won't make a habit of clubbing since it really isn't my scene, but it is nice to visit every once in a while. Good company, the right mood, and something strangly new can be a great combination.

Still, here I am blogging again at 3:00 in the morning. To be honest (I'm beginning to wonder if this blog is too honest), I didn't have any interest in waking up next to someone whose name I couldn't remember. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who do, but that really just isn't my bag, baby.

I listened to my Radio 3 podcast on the way home. Goddamn that thing kicks ass. I've said it before, but I just don't know if I can really express in words how thoroughly and completely I enjoy it.

Which reminds me: I was very sad to hear the The National Playlist is ending. I'm not sure if it's for the season, or forever, but I think that it is something that I will seriously miss. I hope that they are just going on holiday for a while, because I think that show is something really fun, and a big eye-opener for a lot of people. I sent an email to the show a few weeks ago and will post it in a few days.

So, that was my evening. I managed to get shockingly little finsihed on my course, but I did manage to procrastinate my way into finishing my laundry (including my sheets) and cleaning my apartment. I'm hoping that even though it is 3:35 in the morning that I am going to wake up refreshed and ready to finish three months worth of independent study in one day. Cross your fingers for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter