Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'm feeling strangely content right now, and I'm not exactly sure why.

Even though I have to work this weekend, and I have five more days next week before I'm off, I really don't mind. Yesterday, I used a captioning style called Pop On, and I practiced on what might be the worst part of my job: children's programming. One of the obvious drawbacks of captioning work is the repetition. Throughout all the different stages, you have to watch the same source material over and over again in order to get it done right. The problem with the show that I was working on yesterday, is that it was a show for preschoolers and was non-stop sugary singing. I captioned 12 episodes, and by the end of the day I thought that I was certifiably insane. When you work on shows like that, you really want to make sure that you get it right the first time, so that you don't have to go back and fix things up later, and have to watch it a few more times.

Today, was totally relaxed. There were two 15-second promos that needed to be done. That translates into about 6 minutes of work, so I spent the day catching up on other shows. We are working on a British drama series and it isn't half bad.

A great idea hit me yesterday, and I can't believe that I didn't think of it sooner. I've been waiting every week for the new Radio 3 podcast, but there are about 35 archived episodes that I haven't heard. I got the bright idea to download them all. That's thinking! I highly recommend episode #32. It's Grant Lawrence's picks of the best of 2005 and all sound solid to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter