Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sweet Reprieve

I was so happy today when I walked to work. It was incredible.

I walked out the door and about two blocks from my house I remembered that I left a paint can lid, that I was supposed to take with me, in the house. I decided that I couldn't make do without it so I had to walk back. Fortunately, I left early enough to still get to work on time.

As I walked past my car for the second time, I looked at my rear license plate and noticed that the sticker on it says "JUL 06". That means that my plates don't expire this month as I had thought, but instead expire in July. This is fantastic! I get to keep my car for another three months. Hot damn!

I started thinking about why I was so confused (I do this a lot). It turns out that my Saskatchewan driver's license expired on my birth month (I got rid of it a while ago, so that's not an issue). I arrived in Saskatchewan in July of 2003 and immediately got plates because they are so inexpensive. I guess I must have renewed my plates in July a few days before I left Saskatchewan. Come to think of it, I remember it being an issue since I wasn't sure how I was going to drive to Ontario in July with expired plates. It turns out that my plan to renew them in Saskatchewan paid off.

Anyway, that put me in a great mood. The sun was shining and today is Friday and that means new Radio 3 Podcast day. Everything was looking good.

I walked down to Queen Street because I needed to buy some fabric for some curtains. I wanted to match the wall colour from the paint can lid, to the rolls of fabric. I knew that Queen Street has tons of fabric stores so I stopped in on my way to work to get them. I wandered around the fabric store for ages trying to find a decent colour. The problem with the store that I went to is that there didn't appear to be any system of organization. All the fabric seemed to be junked into piles that didn't match by colour, pattern, price, or manufacturer. I'm a thin guy, but the aisles were so close together that I could hardly get through them. I felt a little claustrophobic in there, but fortunately there weren't many people shopping.

Anyway, I got my two yards of fabric, and was back on the road again. I arrived at work early and got right down to business. I worked hard, and got a lot accomplished. The funny thing was that I didn't take a break. I worked from 12:50 until 9:20 without stopping for snacks or dinner. I did go to the water cooler, but that's all the personal time I took. My job involves a little bit of walking between offices so that was all the distraction that I needed. I'm starting to think that I might make a good employee. I never would have imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter