Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Busy Doing Nothing

Busy Doing Nothing

I'm super sorry about not posting for the past couple of days. I haven't really been all that busy, but I have been occupied. Don't worry, there isn't anything terribly exciting going on, but I have been out of the house doing stuff and that helps.

I've been sleeping terribly for the past few nights. Usually, I have no problem sleeping but I've been having stress dreams. You know the ones where you repeat the same task over and over and over again? I've been thinking about my job, and-- of all things-- checking my email over and over in my dreams. It totally eats it. I thought that it was bad enough while I was awake, but this is way worse. For the past couple of nights, I've just decided to wake up and read a book, but that doesn't seem to help either. Though I wouldn't ever consider myself an insomniac, their motto must be: maybe tonight will be better.

As a result, I haven't been as prompt about getting out of bed. My aunt, uncle, and cousin called at 8:30am and said that they were going to drop in. I had hoped that they could take my car to my Dad's house, so I had to get up and fill the tank with expensive gasoline, and then clean it up a bit. I moped around and was sluggish for most of the morning. It turned out that they didn't feel like they could drive the four hours since they only yesterday got off a plane from Sydney. I agreed, but was secretly relieved that I have my car for a while longer, especially now that I know it's clean.

I sent a few emails, and then headed off to work. It was a quiet day, so that was alright. I especially enjoyed the walk today. It feels Springy outside and it's so nice to get out in the middle of the day and get a good walk. I felt a lot more energetic after that.

After my bad run of luck, I knew things would look up. I was called yesterday about a job, and I've arranged to have an interview on April 4th. I'm not sure how I'm going to get there (lendy, lendy?), or how I'm going to get off work for the day, but I will have to think of something. I was encouraged that I've, at least, had some interest and while the position isn't "the dream job" I won't know until I go and visit. It might be something that I take as a stepping stone to something better next year.

There isn't much else to say. I was a little surprised, to be perfectly honest, that no one had anything to say about my fantasy baseball team, but either you found it too derivative of the McSweeney's article (which of course it was) or I guess I'm a way bigger nerd than all my readers. I suppose that raises the rhetorical question: why are you reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter