Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Highlights From My Trip to the Grocery Store

I had to go to the grocery store this morning so I had to roll out of bed early. I headed over to the always depressing Dufferin Mall to pick up some essentials for cheap.

I wasn't out looking for unusual items, but I know that the grocery store is a good place for weird things. "Cock on the Mountain Top" brand would certainly qualify. Come on, you've seen it and laughed too, don't deny it.

I didn't see it until I got home, but "Sparkling White Vanilla Mint Gel" Colgate toothpaste comes with a scratch and sniff sticker. I haven't seen a scratch and sniff sticker since 1982, and you can bet that the second I noticed it I was scratching and sniffing.

I purchased a box of GoLean cereal. I settled on the regular rather than the "Crunch" version. I noticed when I got home that one of the selling points on the box is that it contains "fiber twigs". I mean with all the creative people in the world, they could hire one who could come up with a way of describing it in a more appealing way?

So that was my fantastic trip to the grocery store. I did manage to buy grapes for the first time in my life. That's the honest truth, I have never purchased fresh grapes at the grocery store before. My Dad buys them all the time, but I have never been interested in letting them rot in the bottom of my fridge. I decided that since they looked good and were fairly inexpensive that I would buy a couple of bunches and put them in the freezer.

Harpo's been grumbling for a while about his low litter level, and I picked up some No Name clumping litter as well as a bag of Indoor Cat formula food for him. He seems happy, and now I don't have to worry about any anger pees on the floor. He hasn't ever done this before, but I know that a lot of cats do.

Oh yeah, I also bought 8 tubs of yogurt. I think that's too much yogurt. Is that too much yogurt? I think that's too much yogurt.

NB: After spell checking, Blogger's spell check's first suggestion for the word "Dufferin" is "deform".

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too much yogurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter