Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Great Ideas

So, I woke up late this morning as usual. Before I realized it it was 2:43am. Time got a way from me a bit. Night guy took over and gave morning guy a thrashing.

So I sat down at my computer hoping that today would be a better Internet connection day than yesterday. I connected to the usual neighbor and had a solid link for about 24 seconds before it all went to pot. I tried the others, but again, nothing doing.

Then it hit me: why don't I move my computer upstairs? There isn't anyone up there. I could put it in the main room on a table and see if connecting will be any better than in the basement.

Sure enough, it is a lot better. I've gone from 3 signals to 9. All the additional signals are encoded, so it's a moot point, but the connection strength and quality of the unencoded ones is much better. The Internet is blazing fast and much more stable than before.

So, I don't really see how I can go back. My computer will have to stay upstairs, which is rellay going to make life in my apartment boring, but it's only a short walk, so I'll survive. This might also help the productivity since I'm less likely to be tempted by the fridge, novels, my two channels of TV, vids, and the greatest siren of them all: bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter