Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Burdenless Shoulders

I did it! Today is the day that I've been looking forward to since September. This is the day that I knew would come, and like waiting for someone to get out of the bathroom is just such a huge relief. (Good simile? Bad one? I could have gone Christmas morning but decided not to.)

I'm finished my course, and like every assignment I've ever completed, I knew that it would get finished, but I just didn't know how. I'm a little concerned by that, but I don't want to mess with something that works.

I got up early (10:30) this morning (Come on, that's two and a half hours before work. That's the equivalent of 6:30 and therefore totally reasonable.) and decided to go for my run. I took yesterday off as a rest day but I did take the stairs to the 7th floor instead of the elevator. I felt good yesterday and right now, I can feel that my lungs and heart have had a good workout. My chest always feels so good after exercise, and it makes up for any leg stiffness.

Actually, the part of my body that invariable hurts me the most when I exercise is my jaw. I guess I clench my teeth or position my mouth in an unusual way because it just hurts like crazy. I have to wear a mouthguard in order to eliminate the pain. How dumb is that wearing a mouthguard to run? It's not one of those normal ones either. It's a full on orthodontist-built night guard to reduce grinding. It's levelled and layered to make it impossible for my back teeth to touch therefore preventing clenching. I look like a moron and can't talk to anyone, and taking it out is not pretty after 30 minutes of exercise, but it works.

I just want to give a shout out to all those nerds out there who put episodes of Lost on the internet. I missed last week's episode and after 4 days of downloading, I managed to get the whole thing before the new one airs tonight. I also want to jeer those people who mislabel their files. I got an episode of season one that was labelled as last week's episode. That was a real corker 351MB later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter