Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday Revised

So I'm sure that you are all dying to know what the day brought.

1) After typing up the blog and publishing it I walked into my bedroom and began changing into my work clothes. Yardwork cannot be done in your best pair of jeans and a collared shirt, you know.

2) I then put some water into a bowl and put it into the microwave to boil. I turned the faucet to hot and started to do the dishes while I waited for the water to boil.

3) I finished the dishes and then used the now boiling water from the microwave to make oatmeal. The house filled up with the smell of artificial maple and brown sugar. I started to eat.

4) After getting about halfway through the oatmeal, I decided to tackle the cat litter. I went into the laundry room grabbed a garbage bag and cleaned the litter. I added new litter from the box in my office. I noticed that I had scattered litter onto the floor.

5) I went back into the laundry room with the clumped cat urine and feces filled bag and put the bag down where it will sit until Friday garbage day. I got the vacuum cleaner and wheeled it into my apartment. I plugged it in and vacuumed the apartment, and then returned the vacuum to the laundry room.

6) I washed my hands with antibacterial soap and hot water.

7) I ate a few more bites of oatmeal and threw the remainder into the compost bin. I then slipped the bowl into the sudsy sink. I washed the bowl and my spoon and then drained the sink. My phone rang and a friend who seems to be concerned with my blog entries of late called to make plans for the afternoon. We arranged to meet to wander around Kensington.

8) I went outside and into the back deck to get the lawn mower. I discovered that it was an electric mower and then had to go back into my house and find an extension cord. I took the cord outside and then realized that I needed to plug it in upstairs and then extend it through the front door and out to the street. I went back into my house and then upstairs and then I set it up.

9) I went back into the back yard to find a broom, but the real estate agent had moved the corn broom inside, and so I had to go back downstairs and then up into the kitchen to get it. I walked out the front door and then along the side of the house into the back deck where I got the lawn mower and wheeled it out front.

10) I mowed the lawn making sure to spray all the grass into the street and not onto the sidewalk that I would have to sweep. Clever, huh?

11) I then swept all the maple keys from the front step, front walk, the alley down the side of the house, and on the sidewalk out front.

12) The real-estate agent arrived and set up her signs. I told her that I needed to take a quick shower and then would be out of her hair.

13) I cleaned up all my piles of yard waste and then put the lawn mower, broom, and dustpan away.

14) I went into my bedroom, took off my work clothes and then jumped into the shower. I washed my hair, shaved, and washed.

15) I changed into some clean clothes, but was a little concerned that everything is too big for me. My dress shirt that was once just about perfect, just didn't feel right.

16) I brushed my teeth and then headed out of the apartment. I tried calling my friend, but she must have had her iPod on and didn't hear her phone ring. I decided that since it was super sunny out and that I was about to spend the day wandering around outside, that I needed to put on some sunscreen. I sat down and applied my sunblock. That stuff is great because it is convenient enough to carry around in your pocket, and is grease-free. As I sat there my friend arrived and we headed off to Kensington. It wasn't long before she mentioned that the shirt I was wearing was too big. I worried about that for a few minutes and then forgot about it.

17) There was a lot going on in Kensington, but we were both disappointed to find out that the streets weren't closed off to cars. There were just too many people wandering around and it was a little claustrophobic. I went into a bakery and was going to get a danish, but there were too many people and I was confused about whether I was supposed to take the danish or ask someone to get it for me. I also didn't know where to stand and so I decided that I didn't want it that badly and so I left.

18) We decided to get out of Kensington and we wandered over to College. I decided to get an cone at The Big Chill. With the whole shirt being too big thing, I figured that I would indulge. IN reality I went with a blueberry frozen yogurt. It doesn't surprise me that when given the yogurt option I took it. We sat outside and watched people for a while I ate my cone. I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to offer her a taste.

19) Then we headed over to Soundscapes. I wanted to buy a Bonobo remix album, but I couldn't find their Ninjatune section. It used to be in the back corner on the bottom shelf, but it wasn't there. I didn't feel like asking anybody to where it had been moved. I agreed to go with my friend to the controller.controller concert at Sneaky Dees on Friday and we bought tickets to the show.

20) We headed over to Grace and sat down beside the Bank of Nova Scotia so that we could watch all the people go by. We chatted for a while and she was waiting for a friend to call her. By that time it was after 4:00 and the open house would be over with. I headed home and she stayed there to wait for her friend.

21) I walked home with the knowledge that I was about to go out on a killer run. I really felt like a good hard exercise. I did the customary email check when I got home. I responded to an email and then got changed into my running gear. My shirt was still wet from my run on Friday (gross) so I went to an orange one instead.

22) I ran from my house to Avenue Road and Harbord, up Avenue Road to the Kay Gardner Belt Line, over to Bathurst and Eglington and then south to Harbord. This was the same run that just about killed me in April. It wasn't an easy run, but I am in infinitely better condition than I was then. I ran like crazy and was running much, much faster than I was the other time. I felt so good that I could have gone much further. It was a great feeling to not only get in a great run, but to be so much further along than I was two months ago. I guess the whole thing has been worth it.

23) When I got back to my house I sit some sit ups and push ups and then took a shower.

24) I was very hungry and so I decided to barbecue up some veggie dogs. I went upstairs and fired up the "q" and then headed back down to the basement. I grabbed the package of dogs, a fork, plate, bread, some sauces, and a beer and headed back upstairs. I sat outside in the setting sun and tended to my heating dogs. I called Brian to see if he wanted to come over, but I had to leave a message. I didn't mind because I was enjoying my beer and the peace of the situation. God, that beer tasted good, and the veggie dogs were exactly what I needed. I sat outside for about 45 minutes and just relaxed. I cleared up the mess and headed back inside.

25) I'm supposed to write a review of a DVD of William Wegman's video works. You might not know his name, but you've probably seen his art. He photographs his dogs in various scenes. I watched it for a while and fell asleep on the couch. Harpo was all cuddled up beside me and I had a nice fluffy pillow. I was relaxed, and beery and a little nap was inevitable.

26) I woke up with a start at 8:30 and decided that rather than going to bed I would blog a bit.

So I think that it was a pretty excellent day. I'm glad that I decided to get out and do something (thanks JB). The greatest part about my job is now that I have had two days off, I have two more to go. I hope that they are as unexpectedly enjoyable as today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter