Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Free and Easy Sunday

I had a great evening last night, but cut the piss out of my index finger. While wondering if this qualifies me for worker's comp, I know that I'll just have to stick my finger up while washing my hair and use my left hand to clean into the bottom reaches of glasses and plastic yogurt tubs. In a few days, it'll be fine, but for now it hurts and is an inconvenience.

I slept in late again this morning and then had to get up to clean my apartment a bit. I did a ton of laundry yesterday but had to wash up some dishes. I was just finishing up when I got a call about helping Brian move. I had to be out so that the real-estate agent could have an open house from 2-4. I figured that I'd help with the move for the afternoon.

There were four of us there and so I really didn't move that much stuff, and the job was finished in about 30 minutes. At 1:50 I was on my own with nothing to do.

I headed home to change my shirt, I was super sweaty from climbing the stairs in the sticky-humid weather. So what to do? What to do?

I walked up to Bloor and browsed around at Book City. I bought David Bezmozgis' "Natasha" and Ursula Franklin's revised edition of "The Real World of Technology." I also ordered Jonathan Goldstein's "Lenny Bruce is Dead," and am hoping that it arrives shortly. I've been a big fan of Goldstein from his work on CBC's Wire Tap, and am looking forward to reading his book.

Then I headed down to Soundscapes. I've been contemplating purchasing Nathan Lawr's album Secret Carpentry for a couple of weeks now and decided to do it.

Nathan Lawr - Should and Shouldn't (It's an iTunes file, sorry)

I walked west along College and was weak with hunger. Brian had mentioned getting food later on in the afternoon, and so I called him. We met at Sneaky Dees. I went with a three egg omelet and a pint of Red Baron.

Now I've got a slight afternoon buzz going and I'm going to take a little nap. I'm thinking that I might go for another run when I wake up, and then chill and ill for the evening.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Nugget said...

An obvious question, but I didn't want to pay the shipping charge.

While I wait for it to arrive, I can finish Natasha.

It is also much more enjoyable to go to a bookstore and shop, than to be woken up by a mailman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter