Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Chored Out

What a long day.

It isn't as though today was really any different than any other. Nothing extraordinary happened, and really nothing of note, but I will write and write anyway.

My alarm went off at 10:30 and I decided that I needed to go to the grocery store. Harpo's litter box was getting dangerously disgusting and I was seriously afraid that he would take matters into his own hands and enact his revenge somewhere in the apartment. I was also out of yogurt.

So rather than rolling over and going back to sleep I got up and headed to the lowly Dufferin Mall. I did all my shopping and was back at home by noon. I quickly unloaded the boxes and then headed off to work. I was sick and tired of always leaving late and then having to rush to get there by 1:00. I left at 12:10. It was a beautiful day, but quite warm and very sunny. I bought some sunscreen in a stick that rolls on like deodorant. I absolutely hate putting on sunscreen, but I will burn on the 45 minute walk to work if I don't have sunscreen. This stick goes on dry and isn't greasy. It also has an ever so subtle lemon scent.

Anyway, I got to work 10 minutes early and started captioning. I was working on the Jet Li movie Hero. Subtitled movies are the best to caption. It's only sound effects and music which makes it very efficient. That movie though was quite disappointing. I found it so boring. It was beautiful to look at and the cinematography was great, but I found the gratuitous fight scenes cumbersome and uninteresting. Now I'm on to a Quebecois movie and it looks decent so far. Again, it's subtitled.

I stayed late at work because I wanted to watch The Amazing Race. I'm glad that BJ and Tyler won, even though I was cheering for Ray and Yolanda. I would have totally smoked that flag activity. I had a real flag infatuation when I was a kid. I signed out a flag book from the library and then on all the back of a ton of generic dental claim forms I traced out rectangles (two per page). Then I drew out every flag and coloured them. The hardest ones were Saudi Arabia and Brazil, but I managed to get them. I had a lot of nervous energy back then, and I'm not sure a lot has changed. Anyway, I would have been awesome at that road block.

I walked home at 10:00 and then watched the end of the hockey game as I got changed into my running gear. I've been looking forward to my run since about ten minutes after the end of my last run, and I headed out at 10:50. Fifty minutes and 10 k later, I was back home.

It was super gross, but as I was sitting down taking off my running shoes my nose curled at the stench of my knee braces. I decided that they along with the rest of my running clothes had to go in the washing machine post-haste. I took a quick shower and then took care of the bad smelling clothes.

I then had a big decision and decided to ruin my evening by cleaning my apartment. I started with the litter box and it became quite a chore. Apart from the box, things weren't too messy, but I needed to clean the bathroom, dust, and vacuum. I started cleaning at the start of The Daily Show, and finished at 1:36 am. The apartment is clean but I'm wiped.

A trail mix granola bar and two cups of yogurt later I started this entry. Actually I started the last entry which will become an ongoing series. Now it's bed. I have to get up early and do some outdoor cleaning tomorrow morning. I need to pull some weeds and sweep up in front of the house. I have sensitivity training tomorrow afternoon, and I can't be late. I very insensitively skipped the last one and I'll be in serious trouble if I don't get there early and ready to have some fun.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter