Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's Not Wasting Time, It's Part of the Process.

I'm writing my speech for tomorrow, and after sitting at my computer watching the Ricky Gervais podcasts and completing a websudoku, I've decided to reward myself with some blogging.

I decided not to play poker tonight because I have so much to get done before I leave for Saskatoon tomorrow. I've been asked to be the guest speaker at graduation at my old school and couldn't say no.

I was thinking that if I just sit here long enough, my speech will get written. I'm not sure how, but it's sure to happen if I just sit in this Ikea chair long enough.

Before I leave I have to:

-do the dishes.
-vacuum the apartment
-tidy up a little
-finish my laundry
-clean the cat litter
-take out the recycling
-take out the composting
-find my Best Western $50 gift card.
-find the two thank you iTunes gift cards
-pack
-4 pairs of boxers,
-2 pairs white socks,
-2 pairs black socks,
-1 pair of khaki pants,
-1 pair of grey flannels,
-3 undershirts either white or just regular t-shirts,
-3 collared shirts,
-1 sports jacket,
-1 tie to match sportsjacket and collared shirts,
-1 toothbrush,
-1 razor,
-1 can Aveeno sensitive skin shaving cream,
-1 stick of Arm and Hammer anti-perspirant with shockingly high aluminum content,
-1 pair Rod Lavers,
-1 pair shiny brown shoes,
-1 book entitled "Race Against Time,"
-1 book entitled "American Splendour: Our Movie Year,"
-1 online booking flight reservation printout,
-1 online booking hotel reservation printout,
-1 online booking car reservation printout,
-1 $50 Best Western gift card,
-2 $20 iTunes Gift Cards,
-1 iPod fully charged,
-1 iTrip and car charger,
-1 guest speaker graduation speech (incomplete).

Before grad I have to:

-buy two thank you cards complete and fill with iTunes gift cards,
-get a haircut,
-buy thank you bottle of wine,
-buy shoelaces.

My flight leaves at 8:25am which mean that I have to get to the airport by 7:25am which means that I have to leave my house by 6:15am so that I can catch the subway out to Keele and then catch a bus from Keele Station to Terminal 1. Since I usually go to sleep at 3:00 am, that means that with none of above work finished, I had better end this blog now and do some of it before I procrastinate my way of sleep tonight. That's the way all this work gets done; I eventually get to the point where pissing time away interferes with sleep and then the work suddenly, almost magically, gets completed with shocking efficiency.

Be back on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter