Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

First Birthday

At 8:46 pm, my blog turned one year old.

Total Posts: 218
Total Visitors: 5,499
Total Page Views: 6,535
Total Profile Views: 491

I didn't celebrate in anyway whatsoever. I woke up late this morning and as I was tying my shoes before work, I broke a shoelace. I hate it when that happens. It was right at the eyelet, and so I had to take the laces in and re-feed them through so that they were even, but of course I couldn't reach the top two eyelets and so my shoes felt like they were undone all day. The obvious solution would be to wear my Rod Lavers instead, that's the kind of easy decision that I avoid.

I worked this weekend and spent my time captioning a movie called Coogan's Bluff. Deputy sheriff Coogan (Clint Eastwood) travels to New York to extradite a prisoner. The movie is not that good, but not without its merits. A few of the better lines are:

Cab Driver: That'll be $2.95 including the luggage.
Coogan: How many stores are named Bloomingdale's in this town?
Cab Driver: One, why?
Coogan: We drove past it twice.
Cab Driver: That'll still be $2.95 including the luggage.
Coogan: Well, here's $3.00 including the tip.

After trying to convince a woman to have dinner with him:
Julie: Are you dense?
Coogan: No, just hungry.

While discussing Julie's probation cases:
Julie: Let me consult my files. I only handle young single girls.
Coogan: Yeah, me too.

I just have to go through the movie for the fourth time so that I can do all the finishing touches, and check for mistakes.


I did manage to get that job that I interviewed for on Thursday. It was a substitute teaching gig, and now the next step is getting a criminal records check. I'm going to have to do that tomorrow before work.


I went for a run tonight, again. My knee really hurt at first, but after about three minutes, it was fine. The run was great and I feel good. My allergies are bothering me a lot this week and I was hesitant to run as my throat and lungs are tender, but no harm done.


All me entries these days seem to be almost the same: work, running, job applications. Things really aren't that different from day to day. I always find it so unsettling to have days that seem to blend into one another. I guess that it's nice that I haven't been thrown any major problems other than that broken shoelace, but things sure can be boring if you just do the same things everyday.


I'm heading to my old school this weekend. The Grade 12's asked me to be the guest speaker at their graduation and I said that I would. I catch a flight on Friday morning and I'm back in Toronto on Monday morning. It should be a fun weekend, but I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it. It will be nice to see everyone again, but if you want to know the truth, I think that sometimes you just shouldn't see people. If you do, you start missing everybody.

I'll let you know how it goes as we begin year number two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter