Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Two for One

Wednesday Morning

It seems that the only sports injury I get these days is from sitting.

I posted about developing a sore hip from sitting in a chair, but the latest was a sore knee from wrapping my leg around a chair leg whilst playing cards.

Nevertheless, as time went on, my knee, though tender, felt better and better, and yesterday I decided to risk a serious injury last night and go for a run. I was so cranky and frustrated that I needed to get out of the house. Most people would have gone to the bar, and though I did consider it, I decided against it. There has been too much alcohol in my life lately, and I couldn't justify making that first step to the life of the barfly. I've seen Trees Lounge and that's just sad.

Thursday Morning

I couldn't finish yesterday morning's entry before I had to go to work. Actually, I could have but I procrastinated my way out of it. Yesterday morning was one of those rare mornings when I decided to get up early and sit and write and be productive. Instead, it was one of those regular days when I get up early with hopes of being productive and instead fart the morning away. I couldn't even get a simple blog entry finished.

I was tired last night. After work, I went to a show by one of my coworkers. Her flyer has been sitting on my desk for weeks now, and I felt that I should go. I see her almost everyday after all. She drops of stacks of tapes to be captioned, and seriously adds to my workload, but it's a nice diversion sometimes. I'm struggling through Ghidrah: The Three-Headed Monster right now. It is terrible, but so funny. Bad actors + bad dubbing = 2 x hilarity.

(I also decided that part of the morale problem at workplaces is that people don't know anything about one another. They don't know people's interests, hobbies, goals, or really anything about them. In many cases co-workers don't even know each other's names. I decided that I would make an effort to get to know some of my coworkers, and thought that this would be a good place to start.)

When I got home, I checked my mail briefly and then went to bed early. When 9:00am rolled around, I got up on my own. No alarm or anything! I decided that I should go for another run. I ran to Dufferin and Rogers Road and back today. I keep adding distance, but I also keep adding time. What started as a 20 minute activity has now become an hour-plus ordeal. It's fun, but very time-consuming, and for a procrastinator that's trouble.

As I was running up Dufferin, I took a header. Not a little one either. I stubbed my toe on uneven concrete and down I went landing on my knee and the palms of my hands. My knee felt all right, but I scraped my hands up nicely. They hurt like crazy, but I couldn't help but spend the remainder of my run thinking about all the dirt and germs that went from that nasty sidewalk onto, and into, my hands. When I got home, I discovered a bonny welt on my knee as well.

I'm off again to work. Today was payday, and I am a single paycheck away from escaping the burden of credit card debt yet again. All of this was incurred during my lengthy unemployment. After reducing all my cards from $4000 limits down to $500, the damn credit card companies kept raising them back up without telling me. I guess the only solution is arranging a date between plastic and scissors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter