Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Freezers, Insomnia, Gump, Rides, and Extra Clothes

Once again, it's insanely hot in Toronto, and I am once again suffering from the meat-locker that is my apartment. All the cold air falls down to the basement and while most people are sweating in front of fans, I'm wearing a sweater. The same thing happened last year and I still feel guilty about it.

I slept like absolute crap last night. Usually when I'm restless, it's just because I have to go to the bathroom, but that didn't work. I read for a while, and that didn't work either. I'm not exactly sure why, but it could be the 90-minute nap from 5:30-7:00. It could also be that I accidentally ran 10k before bed.

I really didn't mean to. I went for a long run on Saturday, and then decided that I would go for a short jog last night. I left at 10:55 and after running from Ossington and Harbord to University and Front. It was the strangest thing. My legs felt good and I wasn't tired, so I just kept running.

After the rough night, I got a TTC closure related call at 8:30 which wasn't a problem at all except that I feared that I would be stuck in traffic longer than I had slept the night before. It was all moot since the traffic was smooth. I would argue that it was easier to get around downtown Toronto today than it usually is. It was nice not having to deal with those pesky streetcars.

I was forced however, to change at work. I wore shorts and a t-shirt for my walk, and in my backpack had all my work clothes. I knew that I would be sweaty and gross when I arrived at work, so I had to be smart and not wear my blue jeans and blue collared shirt in 40 degree heat. I felt like a moron changing socks and shoes at work, but that's what my life is going to become if it's going to be nasty-gross hot all summer.

Work was another day of work. It was busy, but I did manage to work on Gidrah: The Three-Headed Monster which has easily become one of the bad-funniest movies I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter