Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Stupid Running... Be More Funny

I did the absolutely crazy and stupid today.

Last night, I ended my alcohol streak. I had two pints with friends after a concert last night. I have to admit that it did taste that much better after the hiatus.

So I got up at 10:30 this morning and decided that I should go for a run. Intead of heading to the oval at the local high school, I thought that it might be fun for a change, to run the streets.

I ran from my house to Avenue and Bloor and then up to the Belt Line (Chaplin and Avenue). At this point, I was very tired and had been running for 40 minutes. I then ran west along the belt line to Bathurst, and then headed south. I was shocked and horrified to discover that the first main street was Eglington. I was at Bathurst and Eglington, and had a long way to go before I was back home.

I considered calling a car-owning friend to come bail me out, but I persevered, as I always do when I run, and continued. After 75 minutes on the road, I arrived back home. I figure that I ran about 12-15 (maybe more) kilometers today. Needless to say I was damn tired, and had a day of work ahead of me, but fortunately, my Dad is in town and offered to give me a ride to work. I'm sore today, but a day off tomorrow will be enough to get me over it.

Enough running talk. I will post tomorrow about my exciting day at work, and my concert experiences. Maybe ramble on about King Kong, or just blather on about the painfully boring. Cross your fingers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter