Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Workin' Weekend

It's always a strange day when the clocks get moved forward. There's something just not right about the day.

I had just a horrid night's sleep last night. I'm reading Stephen Lewis' Massey Lectures, Race Against Time, and for some reason I kept having these dreams that I had to caption the whole thing. I kept pleading with people, "but it's already written out! Why can't I use the script?" They kept screaming at me, "No! No script! You must copy it verbatim, all the "ums". Every word! Quickly!"

That went on and on and on, until I realized that I had to go to the bathroom. Whenever I am restless and can't sleep it usually means that I just have to go to the bathroom. The stupid thing is that I often just try to ignore it because I'm too lazy to get up and walk the 11 paces to the bathroom.

My Dad was here this weekend and fortunately, he forgot about the clocks going forward, so he didn't come down to the basement to wake me up until 10:30. Harpo was super ticked, because my Dad's dog came bounding in and tried to play with him. He doesn't dig on dogs and he took a few swipes at her nose.

I helped my Dad move a few things in the house, and then had to get ready and head to work. It was such a glorious day, I left a little bit early so that I could enjoy the blue sky and the warm sun. I was listening to the bandeapart.fm podcast, and like its English cousin, it's pretty awesome.

So I arrived at work at 12:45 and got busy. After about an hour, my coworker called to say that he wouldn't be in. He's a type 1 diabetic and he had a blood sugar problem this morning. He sounded terrible, but assured me that his roommates were there with him and that he would recover in a little while. In his absence I was alone in the office for the first time. There wasn't anything to it. The weekends are our "catch-up" days where we don't have a huge amount of daily work, but instead work on series and individual programming. I was working on an excellent British crime series called "Hustle". It is thoroughly entertaining, and that makes the job a million times more enjoyable.

I went for a short 20 minute run when I got settled at home. I ran 5 kms. The problem with getting into shape is that the distance gets longer and longer while the time it takes to run the distance gets shorter and shorter. I guess that isn't really a problem, but after running 5k I was expecting to have had a much longer workout. It doesn't really matter, though.

What is unusual about my running is that I am not killing myself. Usually when I exercise I push myself way too hard and then end up either being in too much pain, getting an injury, or just losing interest. I've decided that I will work my way up and not overly tax myself, but instead run enough to feel good, and then quit (for the day) while I'm ahead. It doesn't hurt too that I'm also walking for 90 minutes a day. Anyway, at this rate, I'll be ready for my half-marathon in August.

So I have tomorrow and Tuesday off. Though I would like to sit around and do nothing, I do have to prepare for my interview on Tuesday. I'll have to get up early tomorrow morning so that I can get it done early. I'm thinking that they might call me in to work tomorrow and I'd better be ready in case they do.

It wasn't a very exciting weekend. I didn't go out at all, and I didn't really do much of anything. I'm relieved that my course is finished, and once this interview is over, I can relax a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter