Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Groovy Grape

Modern science reached its apex with the invention of artificial grape flavouring.

Forget orange, lemon-lime, watermelon, and the dreaded cherry. I'd rather suck a lemon than have fake lemon flavour. I don't even know how they can call watermelon flavour watermelon since it is so far from the actual fruit. Cherry always tastes like cough medicine and is just plain gross.

But grape, grape is where it's at. I prefer the taste of grape flavour to actual grapes. It is the only artificial flavour that I prefer to the real thing. It doesn't actually taste like fruit, but actually tastes better. With artificial grape, they've trumped mother nature's ace.

With that said, I'm in some serious trouble because I have discovered that Aquafina makes flavoured water (as part of their flavoursplash line) in grape.

I have documented my love of flavoured water, and this is a very unfortunate development since I know that it's full of artificial sweeteners, sodium, and a bunch of other things that shouldn't go into the human body. Still, I don't see myself not buying it and drinking it like crazy.

I haven't had pop since October of 2004, and though I'm sure that this stuff is much worse, it is nice to keep that streak alive.

This grape flavoured water tastes a lot like what I imagine flat diet grape Crush would taste like if they actually make diet grape Crush. It's a perfect way to enjoy the gift of modern science, and to feel good about having the wickedness of modern food masked by the fact that it's in a clear bottle and looks like water.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they do in fact make diet grape crush, it is just very hard to find.
jb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter