Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Rooney Eats It!

I managed to catch the last little bit of 60 Minutes tonight, and caught Andy Rooney.

I love watching Andy Rooney. The guy is so out of it that I just can't get enough of his ridiculous diatribes. This one was all about milk. View it here.

Skimmed milk? Half and half on his shredded wheat? Whole water?

Did he really expect to find vast flowing fields of clover, begonias neatly planted alongside a white picket fence, pies cooling on window ledges, and farmers with straw hats and a blade of timothy dangling from their mouths in Wellington, New Jersey?

It's clear that Andy Rooney isn't funny. It's sad because he thinks that he is.

Check out exhibit "A" of Andy Rooney's lack of a sense of humour.

Here's a decent spoof.

I always watched Andy Rooney as a kid. I remember that Murder She Wrote was on right after 60 Minutes on CBS. I don't remember laughing then, but I'm laughing now, though not for the right reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter