Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, June 09, 2006

My Achilles Heel If You Will.

I got an email yesterday morning from Brian. He said that he would be going to a concert tonight at 10:00 and would be meeting up with friends at 9:00. The timing worked out perfectly so that I would be able to finish work and head over. I planned to forego my usual Thursday poker and meet up with him at Ronnie's.

I ended up having to stay late at work to finish up a Nature of Things episode, but I was out of work by 9:30. I met Brian and some friends at around 10:00. I squeezed in a pint before heading to the concert.

There was a long line-up at The Boat and we decided that since we only wanted to see the opening band that it just wasn't worth it. We headed back to Ronnie's for more beers.

I had my second pint of Headstrong and enjoyed the conversation. Occasionally piping in when the opportunity arose.

The next round of drinks turned out to be Delirium Tremens.

When we ordered it, the waitress did give us a warning: "You know..." That was all she said. It was heavier than anything that she could have actually have said, and I was a little nervous waiting for it to arrive. I usually stick to the tried and true when it comes to alcohol, and I suppose that my most adventurous would be something around Leffe.

The glasses were very suspect and looked totally uncool, but did come with pink elephants on them. The beer had a very fruity taste, and at 9% alcohol, it does a number on any buzz that you might have going.

The name comes from the medical term for the neurological changes that come from the abrupt stopping of alcohol consumption. All I know now is that I would really like to have another one. The only problem is that now I've found a place that serves it on tap. I'm not prophet, but I foresee a serious night at Ronnie's and many more glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter