Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Sport of Shopping

I headed out this morning to get a haircut. The place by my house is closed on Monday so I headed over to Jack's on Yonge. It was a relatively pain free experience, but I wasn't pampered like the last time. I'm glad that I got a haircut, and it doesn't look bad, but it certainly wasn't the supremely enjoyable experience it should have been.

I then headed up to The Running Room. I was in desperate need of a pair of shorts for running. I was using some dark green generic brand from the Bay circa 2002, and they just weren't doing it for me. They accentuated the swass and were just not good at all. They are sitting on the dock shorts, or walking to the ice cream shop shorts, not running 18k shorts.

While there I decided that I needed to get a new pair of running shoes. The ones I've been using are at least five years old, and I'm afraid that they are very worn out. I suspect that that's one of the contributors to my occasional knee pain. Apparently running shoes have an 800km lifespan, and my warrantee would have run out years ago.

Anyway, I bought a pair of runners and a pair of shorts. I was trying to buy a proper running shirt and some new supportive insoles, but they didn't have either in my size. My bill was going to be over $200, so I decided to leave everything and zip up Yonge to the Dominion at Lawrence. Vector cereal had a coupon for 20 per cent off any purchase at The Running Room, and so I figured that it would make sense to buy a box.

I managed to find a parking spot and then found a box without any difficulty. It cost $4.69.

I drove back down to The Running Room and cut the coupon out of the box. I presented it and saved $39.00. Best $4.69 I've ever spent.

Since I was up in that general area I stopped at Sporting Life. I managed to find a running shirt and the supportive insoles that The Running Room didn't have in stock. It sucked that I wasn't able to get the 20 per cent discount, but that's the way it goes.

So $300.00 later, I'm actually wearing something that fits and something that actaully is supposed to make running easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter