Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Random Monday.

This has been a very odd day.

I ran 19 kilometres yesterday, and my hip was sore this morning. I slept in and then walked up to Book City. My copy of Lenny Bruce is Dead arrived and I wanted to pick it up since I finished Natasha early last week. I also needed to get a hairbrush for Harpo. He has developed all these mats in his coat on his back just before his tail and I needed to take care of them for him. With my sore leg, I wanted to take the subway to work to give it a bit of a break. I was able to walk home all right and it isn't hurting much right now.

So there was nothing too unusual about the trip to Bloor. The person at the desk at Book City was someone I know and so I chatted with her for a wee bit. She said that the book was good. She was very concerned about not fingerprinting the book, as it seems that it gets easily smudged. I told her that I didn't care, and wasn't that protective of my books. Some people keep books as trophies, but I'd sooner just borrow them from the library than have them cluttering up my house.

Anyway, I've been listening to the Ricky Gervais podcasts and I figure that I'm going to get slapped for smiling at the wrong person as I'm walking along, or put into a mental institution for laughing so much in the middle of the street. I'm loving Karl Pilkington's diary, but a part of me wonders if my blog sounds a little too much like that. Incidentally, if you listen to series 1 podcast number 5, they discuss a documentary called Tribe. Since I did the promo for it I know that CBC Newsworld will air the show on Sunday, June 18th at 8:00.

So I got to work and discovered that I have to work on the Canada Day long weekend. It was supposed to be my weekend off, but my co-worker is taking 8 days off, and I have to be there to work. Ordinarily, I would be happy as I will have four full days of overtime, but I had plans for the weekend. I was supposed to go to the farm to help my Dad, but now I will have to stay in Toronto while everyone else splits for cottages. I'm really ticked off about it since I will have to work for 17 straight days, and had to break plans for a fun weekend.

I got a call from Brian this evening. He was right outside my office and wanted to go for dinner. I would normally jump at the chance, but I was actually eating during the conversation. That was unfortunate. He was about 14 minutes too late.

I was hungry for something sweet later on in the evening, and got a gingersnap cookie from Starbucks. It was my first purchase at Starbucks ever, and holy crap was that cookie good. It was totally bad for me, but I didn't care. My grandmother made the greatest gingersnaps ever and I missed her a bit.

I was excited when I got home because I started some downloads on Soulseek before I left for work. I managed to get some great stuff, and with all these podcasts and some new tunes, I've got lots of good stuff to listen to. That makes me happy.

I'm not sure what kind of morning it will be tomorrow. I'll likely read 'til after 3:00, as usual, but I need to get up and go to the grocery store tomorrow morning. Actually, there's no maybe here. I'm out of soy milk for making shakes and I haven't had yogurt in weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter