Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Another One Down.

I had a crazy day yesterday, and an absolute blast.

I woke up early and headed to work for 9:00. It was rough. When you're used to waking up at 11:30 and then suddenly you have to get up at 7:45 it's a reall killer. I rolled reluctantly out of bed and realized that I haven't had those heavy eyes in a long time.

I had to stay late in order to finish up a project. I was out at 7:00 at the very start of a glorious four-day weekend.

I had plans last night to go to Andrew's birthday party (Happy Birthday!). He's the latest victim to reach 30. I've enjoyed my four months of being 30. It's nice to feel grown up even though I'm more immature than ever.

I went out for a run and then had a great dinner with lots of wine. Then it was off to Camera Bar for adventures.

It was so nice to walk in and recognize a ton of people. I headed to the bar, and my conversation with the bartender went like this:

Me: What do you have on tap?
Him: Nothing.
Me: Do you have Stella?
Him: One bottle left.
Me: Okay, I will take it. What else do you have in bottles?
Him [pointing]: Just what's up there.
Me: You have Carlsberg Light?
Him: Yeah.
Me: I'll have a Steamwhistle, then, and she would like a vodka soda.
Him: We don't have any vodka.
Me: Is this a bar?

Sure it was a little rude, but I couldn't believe it. I guess they didn't expect so many people to be there. I knew better, and since we're all lushes, it makes sense that they would be short stocked. I didn't hold it against them. I gave the Stella to the birthday boy and searched the crowd.

I guess everyone realized that I was sauced and they came up to me to say hello and to chat for a few minutes. I headed out a little sooner than I would have liked, but we had to head off to another bar for another birthday party. I feel a little bad about that, but I don't think that anyone minded too much.

Anyway, I stumbled home eventually and spent as much time in bed as I could trying to sleep off the hangover that I knew was not only imminent, but monstrous. It was an unsettled morning since I couldn't relax because I was supposed to be up and about and on my way to my Dad's farm. I told him that I would be there at 1:00, and I was dreading the four-hour drive as I saw the clock tick 11:30.

I'm supposed to help my Dad with the haying. The weather isn't cooperating and it doesn't look like we're going to be able to do much. I don't have heart to back out and not go even though the reason for going has been kiboshed by the weather.

So I'm going to the farm to spend some time with my Dad. It's Father's Day afterall, and I should be the good son.

My sister is at the hospital right now in a leaded room undergoing her radiation treatment. She just has to take a pill and be in isolation for the weekend. She is scheduled to be released on Monday morning. I am going to be back in time to pick her up and bring her to my house. She can't be near her baby for three weeks, and since her husband is Mr. Mom, I'm going to take care of my sister. I'm not sure what that will entail. I expect that she will be lethargic and maybe nauseous and I think that someone should be closeby to help her out. I'll cook for her, and run to the video store and just be an gopher until she's back on her feet.

The rain, actually, works out well because now I can not only be a good son, but come back early and be a good brother without having to worry about letting my Dad down.

See you on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter