Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

ToK What?

I don't know why it happened today of all days, but I suppose that if I did I could make millions of dollars. I got an interesting email this morning about a job that sounds perfect! It could be because:

1) Andrew at deepfriedgold posted a comment early this morning which said simply, "Dude, you'll find a job."
2) I made a public bad-mouthing of my connections who I claimed had done nothing for me.
3) My Mom calls me this morning to tell me that her contractor is looking to hire someone and suggested that I call him for a job.
4) I had finally developed a routine and was doing something that I really enjoyed with the writing of my book.
5) It's Wednesday before the long weekend and it is not possible for me to begin teaching a class with more than three days preparation.

All are possible explanations but I think that maybe things just have a way of working out even when you don't expect it.

I would be teaching the International Baccalaureate's Theory of Knowledge 1 and 2 to Upper School students at a fancy private school in Toronto. The gig is pretty much perfect for me since I have a minor in philosophy, an English literature degree, an Education degree, two years experience teaching high school, I went to a fancy private school in Toronto, and am OCT certified.

It would be part-time (only two courses) which would mean that I wouldn't be overwhelmed with the work. It would lead to substitute work, and would give me enough free time to continue working on my writing. The job is from September to Christmas which means that I'll also be able to apply to my MA and begin in January.

The job isn't mine, yet, so I'm not going to count any chickens, but I am hopeful that this is the one that'll work out. Cross your fingers!

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger CommonMan said...

If you get the TOK job, go to this website: www.phs.princeton.k12.oh.us

Then scroll down until you see a viking head on the left side. Click on the viking head.

It's my TOK page, with loads of links and a calendar of what I'm doing. It's for my students, but you might find it of some help. Good luck.
tdugan@Princeton.k12.oh.us

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Nugget said...

Wow, I never thought in my wildest imaginings that this blog would yield anything useful other than self-indugence.

Thanks for the URL. How does the blogging for the course work out? Do your students like it? It seems fascinating, but what has your experience been using blogging as a part of the classroom?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter