Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Back to Work and School

Relax, I haven't found a job. Despite some great leads, all my connections have left me hanging, so much, in fact, that I really wonder if they did anything, or simply paid me lip service.

Had I been teaching in Saskatchewan, I would now be into my third day of classes. They began on the 26th and teachers went in on the 24th! I can't believe how early they begin, but they do get a full week off at Easter and a full week in February so I guess it all balances out.

Now that I've finished painting my apartment and have, more or less, moved in, I'm working- if you could even call it that- on my writing. I'm trying to spend at least four hours a day in front of the computer without distractions writing down my ideas and seeing where they take me. It's full of mistakes, and I'm not taking time to be perfect (that's what editing is for) but getting the ideas out is important for me, and I like spending time each day with a purpose and a pseudo-routine.

The real trick will be rereading what I've written in a few weeks and not hating it. That happens so rarely, but I suppose that it's something to keep me busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter