Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Summer Winding Down

"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." (Ghost Dog)

Usually at this time of year I'd be enjoying the the last few days of the summer and lamenting the imminent return to my routine.

I went out golfing today on a day that the creators of golf had in mind as the perfect weather for golf. I shot like complete garbage, and the, I kid you not, 9 penalty strokes can attest to my horrid performance. The funny thing about golf is that you can walk around all day stinking up the joint and then return home wanting nothing more than to do it all again.

After a glorious nap, I'm typing this and ready to sit down to an evening watching DVDs and relaxing. It's been a busy and interesting weekend that has seen me not only get a lot accomplished but have a lot of fun. On Sunday evenings like this when I'm supremely calm and content, it's just such a killjoy to think that a work week is a short sleep away. It's almost enough to pack up, get off the grid, and throw the whole working world away. I'm so glad, as I type this now, that it's all moot for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter