Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Back Again.

Well I'm back after my weekend in nature and I'm feeling quite unusual today. Maybe it's too much sun, maybe it's frustration with the job search that is getting me down today for some reason, maybe it's Monday-morning-around-the-corner-blues.

Actually, I think that it's the realization that the event that I had been looking forward to for such a a long time has come and gone. This happens to me all the time. I get all psyched up for something (in the same ways six-year-olds look forward to Christmas morning) and when it finally arrives I enjoy it, but am often left feeling rather empty afterwards. So I'm not feeling myself today, and am a little bummed out.

That being said, it was a fun weekend away. I don't enjoy being the host terribly much since I often put too much pressure on myself to make everything work. I erroneously feel that it is my responsibility to make sure that everyone has fun, so that they don't comment on the 400 on the way back home, "That was a whole lotta nothing! I'm so glad to be going home."

I hope everyone had fun. I broke even playing poker which was nice. The concert was good, but since I didn't know a lot of the songs, it was much less enjoyable than concerts of the past; concerts where I was a bigger fan. I think that's really the key to live shows.

Also, I have a hard time taking aging rockers dressing like young rockers seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter