Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Zone 4D Resident

I had absolutely zero trouble getting my resident parking permit despite the long list of possible problems. Here's a breakdown of the interaction:

1) I assmbled all my documents.
2) I found parking at City Hall.
3) I found the West Tower and the "You are here" map.
4) I struggled to find the Permit Parking desk, and wandered for a few minutes (okay, a lot of minutes) trying to find it.
5) I asked somewhere where the Permit Parking desk was.
6) As I arrived, I came across a huge placard with the protocol for obtaining a parking permit. I glaced it over and realized that they required my vehicle registration.
7) I returned to my car to get my vehicle registration.
8) I went through the glass double doors into the Parking Permit office and saw a huge aisle for waiting in line. I walked through that aisle all the way up to the front where a woman smiled and asked if she could help me.
9) I politely (though the shock of no queue and an attractive woman may have indicated my surprise) declared, "I would like to get a parking permit."
10) She proceeded to ask for my driver's license, proof of address (credit card bill, in this case), vehicle registration, application form, and letter from my landlord. All these were proffered, but I don't think that she actually looked at anything other than my address.
11) I decided to purchase the 5 month permit (rather than 11) and paid the $53.50.
12) I collected all of my documents as she went over to the printer to get my permit and as I stood there dumbfounded by how easy the whole thing was she said, "That's everything. Have a great day!"
13) I returned to my car and paid the "under a half hour" fee: $1.75. Then I went home.

So that's it. Done. No headaches, no running around making copies, no multiple trips. There were no raised voices or annoyances. There was no problem with my Saskatchewan driver's license and registration: in fact, she didn't even bat an eyelash when I plopped them down on the desk.

In short, thank you City of Toronto Transportation Services. I will sing your praises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter