Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, July 18, 2005

What's Going On Today?

So this has been an all around crummy day for most people I know. Every now and then a day comes around where everything seems to be really crummy.

I woke up to find that I had to dig a grave for a calf. We had been feeding a young calf with a bottle, and this morning when we went out to feed her she was dead. We can't figure out why she would just die in the middle of the night, but the how isn't really that important. I dug her a grave in the orchard and buried her. There's not much that can be done now. When you live on a farm you get used to dealing with death, I guess.

Then I went out to cut hay, and things were going along alright. The weather is supposed to be good up until Wednesday so that meant that we could go hard and get the job done. Well as if on cue: breakdown. This isn't one of those breakdowns that I can repair myself like a broken guard or knife, but requires that the whole haybine (cutter) be taken into the shop in town to be fixed. I'm not sure how long it's going to take but I don't expect that it will be done quickly. Hopefully we can get a loaner or something so that we can get the job finished. I guess on the plus side I might be able to go back to Toronto and then come back to finish up when the machine is repaired. I will have to wait and see what they say about it when I take it in. I also have to drive the tractor the 35 kilometres to the shop which won't be much fun.

My Dad also had a tough day at work with equipment breaking down at his office. I got an email from a friend who told me that they found a tumor in their dog's lungs and had to put her down.

Is anyone else having a brutal day? I'm amazed when these bad days seem to come along, as nothing seems to go right. Hopefully, there'll be some good news around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter