Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Cynicism 101

I dropped a resume off and an all-girls school this morning and I'm actually still wearing dark brown khakis, a fancy blue shirt, and the gayest tie I own (light blue with yellow flowers).

So I was passing over a few of my bookmarked blogs this morning. Andrea over at bibliographic.net has a hilarious booklist set up. My favourites are:

Get Your Freak On, by Mary Shelley
1948: It's All Good, by George Orwell
The Unbearable Rightness of My Opinions, by Milan Kundera
Wank, Wank, Wank, by Jack Kerouac

It inspired me to take a crack at it, so I've come up with the following:

My Journey to a B.Comm, by JD Salinger
Talk to the Hand, by Margaret Atwood
I'm a Pompous Ass, Look at Me, Love Me, by D.H Lawrence
Make Me a Movie, by John Irving

Alright, they're not so hot, but still this would make a great drunken party game (provided you've got the nerd crowd on hand; and likely the most boring party ever). It reminds me of the time that everyone I know sat around trying to come up with filthy names for sex toys. From that night I remember only two: Newcastle Brown and The Chimney Sweep.

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter