Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Binge and Purge

Today was my yearly (though I fear it has been longer than that) sock change day.

When I just can't stand the stains that just won't wash out, or the threadbare heels anymore, I throw out all my old socks and buy new ones. I always go for the Wilson Sport Socks. The white comes in a 10 pack for $11.99 and the black comes in a five pack for $6.99 (I bought two). They are very simple socks, nothing fancy, but who cares, right?

This is a great plan for a number of reasons:

1) I do not have to worry about matching socks. White socks are white socks. Black socks are black socks. When I'm folding my clothes fresh out of the dryer I just grab two socks of the same colour and I'm done.
2) All black socks fade over time. With each wash a black sock loses something (maybe it's its soul; no pun intended). By keeping all my socks the same "age" the fading is not an issue and, again, simplified folding.
3) My Dad has a whole bunch of socks, but he has them in a wide variety of colours: dark brown, charcoal grey, very dark blue, and black. This makes laundry day a much bigger job than it needs to be. If you're in a dark room when you're folding his socks you can't make any matching guarantees.

So my toes are wiggling around in new-socks-luxury. The downside is that I know that my foot is going to have all that new socks lint that will remain for a couple of weeks even despite washing. Aye, there's the rub and probably the chief reason why this event happens so rarely.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It''s quite impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter