Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Obsession 101

I have discussed my interest in details in a previous post. There I appreciated the little details in movies. It's funny that I quoted Ghost Dog yesterday because a quote from the same movie relates here: "Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall, there was this one: "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly." Master Ittei commented, "Matters of small concern should be treated seriously."" It's funny how things have a way of connecting.

With that said, I came across an fascinating website this morning. The author states his reasons for creating this site (beware of artistspeak):

But it also comes down to an appreciation for documentation and lists, as well as a keen appreciation for the absurd aspect of "revealing" the contents of my home to the entire world. There isn't much in my house that isn't also in everyone else's house, and precious little that's not visible to the casual visitor, but almost everyone I've spoken to sees this project as either an incredible intrusion, or as an invitation to be robbed.

As far as details go, this might be about as detailed as it gets. I especially liked the cover of Ian Fleming's Goldfinger which can be found on Shelf 10, of Bookcase 2, on the second floor. Also check out the collection of clothing found in the second floor dressers (Matt's and Greta's). If you thought my explaination of my sock rotation was odd, at least I haven't photographed them (yet)!

This ought to be a standby for bored surfing. That is if you can get by the fact that these people have great taste, and that their house is almost certainly way more interesting than yours.

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really great site. I agree that he has terrific taste, which basically just means I share his taste, I guess.

The reason I like this site so much is that the whole undertaking is completely impractical. In this age of watered-down, functional expression, it's great to see something so unashamedly without purpose.

Keep up the good work, Nugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter