Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Wing Night

I was planning to spend some time blogging yesterday, but I was working instead. I got the last minute call and was asked to teach Inuktitut for the morning. I laughed since there are only a handful of words that I speak in Inuktitut, but they just needed someone to be in the class. I decided to help them out and I used the opportunity to have the students teach me some Inuktitut instead. I learned my numbers from 1-10, but still need to look at my paper in order to remember the exact pronounciation.

Last night was Wing Night. We headed downtown to the bar at 5:00. If you don't get there before five, then you don't get a seat. I don't really like wings so I splurged and got a hamburger with onion rings.

I've never understood the chicken wing fascination. It's so much work for so little return. Wings seem to me to be the meat equivalent to celery; your body works harder eating it than the caloric benefit that the food provides. There is also something inherently disgusting about licking your fingers coupled with the smacking sound, the whole thing is just too messy and gross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter