Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Storm Cleanup

We survived the winds. They gusted up to 135 km/hour and broke records for the month of February. It's still whistling out there this morning, but nothing like it was on Sunday. It's quite nice out there at only -6 (-16 with the 44 km wind).

There was a lot of damage as siding and rooves blew off. Part of the high school blew off as did a large chunk of the eight-storey building. Some cars were completely covered in snow and a taxi that was hidden in a drift got smoked by a smow plow. It was one of the worst storms that the residents here have seen in many years.

So I'm glad that I was here for it. Most people on Sunday couldn't sleep because of the wind, but I slept soundly and uninterrupted for the whole night. As everyone else was weary and tired, I was bright eyed and bushy-tailed. The only problem was that schools on Monday were closed so I had a lazy day at home.

It was a tragically boring day. The power, which had been on for the whole night, went out at 7:45 and remained out until 1:30. I didn't have anything to do. I read my book and dozed for the morning. It wasn't a lot of fun, but at least it didn't get cold in the apartment. I did manage to take a shower, and use the battery on the laptop, but neither was enough to keep me adequately entertained.

I did get a phone call about a possible shortlisting for a teaching job, but I'm not going to think about it until I hear something definite. I'm predicting that after having no options, I will suddenly go to having to make a very difficult decision for this September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter