Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

M.I.A.

Sorry about being off the radar for the last little while. You would think that in a place with very little to do that you would have a lot of time for diversions, but that just one of the things that's unusual about Iqaluit.

I've been working all week. I was supply teaching on Monday at the high school and worked at one of the elementary schools yesterday and today (and will be there for the rest of the week). I won't bore you with the details of my subbing days, but it's nice to be back in the classroom again, and it's nice to be working in a system that values it's employees and treats them with the respect of a returned phonecall or a face-to-face conversation.

We don't have a lot of spare time here, because people make their own fun. This past weekend was terrifically busy. On Friday, we went to a lecture by an old Hudson's Bay manager. Gordon Rennie grew up in Newfoundland but moved west, and later, north in 1947. He had incredible insight into the history and life of Nunavut. Saturday was broomball at 4:30, and then we went for dinner at a friend's house. On Sunday we went for brunch at another friend's house, spent the afternoon doing laundry and then later on in the evening we had people over for dinner. There are a lot of shared meals here and most free time is spent together.

I've been busy and now that I've been working everyday, I've been tired in the evenings. I haven't made time to blog and I apologize for that. Hopefully, I'll have a chance this weekend (maybe during Hockey Day) to write a few more interesting things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter