Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, December 18, 2006

It Continues.

I'm home, but I failed. I survived, but I wasn't able to find everything I need.

It took a little while to make it to the Eaton Centre, but I immediately hit the Bay. I asked my Dad what he wanted for Christmas, and like always he said, "Nothing." I eventually found out that he needed socks and underwear, which is another typical father thing to say. Nevertheless, I did purchase 6 pairs of underwear for him. It's a crappy gift, but what else do you buy for your father? Probably not underwear, but that's what I got him.

I was off to a good start and I had a $10 gift certificate from Sears so I headed down to the children's department there to get some clothes for my niece. I decided against toys since she's only 16 months old and won't really appreciate them. I opted for clothes to help out her Mom and Dad. With my gift certificate, the shirt and pants were only $2.41 so I decided to go back to the mall and get her something else. I picked up two more shirts.

I wandered around trying to think about what to buy for my sister and brother-in-law. I was going to get them a couple of seasons of Six Feet Under, but decided that, though I would really like that gift, it probably wasn't the most appropriate gift in this our first Christmas without my Mom. Also, I think that getting a DVD isn't such a great gift at Christmas-- this coming from someone who is giving underwear to his father.

I left the mall with the intention of going to Future Shop, but I stopped at HMV. I wandered around and looked at all the piles of DVDs that, no doubt, will all be sold in the next two weeks. What a racket! Anyway, before long I just grew bored, and left. When I got outside, I just started walking home. I didn't want to shop anymore so I followed my feet and wandered back to Queen street. I went into a few junk shops to see if anything struck me as being to my sister's taste, but I couldn't find anything that I could see her enjoying. There was a ton of great stuff that I would love, but nothing good for her.

I walked up Bathurst and stopped for some Vietnamese food. It was 4:00 and I was hungry so I decided to treat myself. I was back home by 5:00.

Tomorrow will have to see the end of this nightmare. I'm hoping to have a vision tonight of what to get for them, but this might very easily become a Christmas Eve pressure of a deadline situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter