Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Inactivity Knows No Bounds

I spent most of the last couple of weeks at my desk. When I haven't been sitting here, I have:

-Been running. I am back in the swing of things with the running again. My gluteus medius feels fine, and I've managed to squeeze in 36 kilometres this week. It was absolutely beautiful out in the middle of the week and I was able to haul my shorts out of the drawer again. The temperature has dropped now, and I'm going to have to suffer.

-Been to a concert. It was Sloan concert somewhere in the teens for me. I get the feeling that the band's heart just isn't in it anymore. They are clearly satisfied with their lot in life and are quite content to put up with the Slo-oane chants and having to play at the wretched Kool Haus if it means that they get a fat paycheck. I thought at one point about shouting, "Play the Future Shop song!!" All joking aside, I am a Sloan fan and have been for more than 10 years. They will always be a great band for me and a band that I listen to and think about my lost youth. I will never in my life recount visiting the Kool Haus, however. In that cavern, it was more like an outdoor concert than a club show. I will never forgive exclusivity deals either. If I want to drink a beer at a show, I want to be able to drink something other than Canadian in a can or a Cool Shot. Great album here. Check out two amazing covers here and here.

-Raked leaves. Yesterday was a thoroughly disgusting day. It poured rain for most of the day, but by mid-afternoon there was a break and I headed outisde to clean up the yard before the snow. I worked for a few minutes before it started raining, but toughed it out and finished the job. I was soaked to the skin by the end. After all that, there was no freezing rain, and now snow. Instead there was a lot of wind and I need to rake again because the neighbours are lazy.

-Purchased some of the Permanent stamps. The concept is a little odd but I suppose that they wouldn't do it if it didn't makes financial sense. The stamps are 51 cents and can be used even if the postage rate increases. I bought 50 stamps so when the price goes up to 52 cents, I'm going to have a couple of cool quarters in my pocket. I suppose that it costs more than one penny to make a one cent stamp and I expect that the next big move by Canada Post will be to discontinue a few small value stamps. Maybe with all these savings they can hire a letter carrier that delivers to my street even when it rains.

-Taken a cab. I walked to the Dufferin Mall for groceries and took a cab home. I've decided that I don't mind spending money on a cab with my groceries since I no longer have to pay for my car. Two ten-dollar trips are better than the hundreds of dollars to maintain a car each month. Thankfully, I only have two more payments until it's completely paid for. I need to think about what I'm going to do without that monthly expense. The reason I mention the cab ride is because the driver was listening to a gospel station. During the trip I listened to a minister praying. It sounded as though he didn't know what he was talking about and his politics and biases really came out during the prayer. It was a peaceful ride, but a little uncomfortable.

-Played video baseball. My roommate bought MLB 2K6 and I started a season. I drafted a team and proceeded to get beaten up by the computer in my first four games (78-7). I lost the fifth game 4-3, so I thought that I was on the comeback. Thankfully, I discovered later that my season was deleted. One hundred and sixty-two games is a long season, and I'm relieved that I don't have to continue getting killed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter